Saturday, May 21, 2011

100 Block follow-up & Life !!!!

    I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I was able to create a new post.  But Life does have a way of getting in the way.  We have had rain often enough that I couldn't get out on the deck to get the photos taken.   I was finally able to cut the grass and get the phots taken today.
    Here are  photos of two wall hanging tops - not quilted yet.  The 1st one is of the block that was in the magazine and the 2nd one is a varation. 
   Also , keep an eye out for a special
announcement a few days before the
end of the month. 

    Here is the 1st Around the Block - -

    I know there are a lot of triangles, but it is worth it once you have the blocks made.   My granddaughter just gushed over it while she was helping me take the photos.

     One thing y'all will notice, is that I like green!!!



    Here is the second wall hanging, and you will notice that I made a varation to this one.  But in fact this is the orginial block I started with and wasn't happy with it.

  So I started playing with it and when I created another triangle, that is when the block popped !!!!

   Some may like this version better and that is OK.   You also can put both blocks together into the same piece and see what you come up with.

  BUT, for those who make this block, please send me some photos of your finished piece. 

2 comments:

  1. I love both your quilts. I want to thank your granddaughter for pulling my name. My 100 Blocks magazine came last week and I still drooling over it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site and your work. Great to see what you look like after all this time; you do look very familiar so maybe I have seen you at a show.

    ReplyDelete